PRIVATE ACTIVITY BOND
This is a type of municipal bond issued when funds are to be used for a non-essential purpose. Private activity bonds pay taxable interest unless specifically exempted by the federal government. Private activities for which tax-exempt bonds may be issued include airports, electric and gas distribution systems, government mass transportation systems, hazardous waste disposal facilities, solid waste disposal facilities, and student loans. Small issues of industrial development revenue bonds and nonprofit college and hospital bonds are also permitted. Except for nonprofit college and hospital bonds, interest from tax-exempt private activity bonds is subject to the alternative minimum tax.
For more information, please contact Ro Arrington at 501-682-5910.
Forms & Documents
- Guidelines for Reserving Volume Cap for Tax-Exempt Private Activity Bonds for Residential Rental Housing
- Volume Cap Rules and Regulations
- Application for Reservation
- Application to Carryforward Volume Cap
- Certificate of Allocation of Volume Cap
- Notice of Issuance of Tax-Exempt Private Activity Bonds
- 4% Multifamily Bond Application